Video Batch Compression with Added Watermark
" I’m looking for some video compression software that will let me add a text watermark in a corner. I’m not too savvy in this area and have been reading up on codecs and such but am still a bit confused. I’m recording videos with a Mevo camera which makes the files around 3-4GB. I want to get this down to around 300MB (which I’ve been doing by using AVS video converter) and then add a watermark so that the videos are visibly copyrighted (which I’ve been doing using MPEG Streamclip) so I can upload them to Vimeo. However, this is a long, involved process that uses two programs. I’ve tried using MPEG Streamclip by itself but I can’t make the files as small without losing quality. Can anyone recommend a good program with an easy-to-use GUI that will help me? I also need a batch conversion function! "
Some videos’ size are bigger which affect you to upload the video to some video share websites, store the videos in portable devices. If you have met the same need as above, you are lucky to be here, we will tell you some effective ways for you, you can use the Handbrake to compress the videos, you also can use the Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, choose one and enjoy the videos.
Compress the Video With Handbrake
Handbrake is easy to use software that is available for Mac, Linux and Windows. Originally designed for ripping DVDs, it is the most popular tool for creating H264 video from any video file. The user-friendly interface, simple buttons attract many users. This tutorial assumes you have an HD video file that is 1920×1080 pixels. We will make the frame size a bit smaller, as well as drastically reduce the file size, compared to for example a Pro Res file from Final Cut Pro or Avid.
1. Install Handbrake by choosing the version for your operating system from http://handbrake.fr/
2. Open Handbrake from your Applications or Programs folder.
3. Load video your file. A browse window should have automatically opened for you to select your source video file (or DVD) or just click the Source button.
4. Select the file you want to compress and click Open.
5. Destination: Select where you want the transcoded video file to be saved by clicking Browse…
6. Give the file an appropriate name such as “(Original-Filename)-H264.mp4” so you know which version is the one you have compressed. Choose where you want to save it, and click Save.
7. Choose Format MP4 file.
8. For Video Codec choose H.264 (x264).
9. Choose the High Profile preset from the Presets Drawer (if this isn’t open, you can open it from Window > Presets Drawer in the top menu bar).
- Choose the framerate depending on your source video. It is PAL (25 frames per second) then leave it at 25fps by choosing 25 (PAL Film/Video). If it is NTSC (29.97fps) then make it 30fps by choosing 30. Make sure you tick the Constant Framerate radio button to ensure better compatability.
- Use the stepper (click the arrow down) on Width to change Width from 1920 (full HD) down to 1280. Your Height should automatically then read as 720, if you have Keep Aspect Ratio ticked.
- Select the Audio tab and select AAC (ffmpeg) Codec. Choose the 48.000 Hz Samplerate. Choose Stereo for Mixdown. Choose 320 for your audio Bitrate.
10. Hit the Start button and wait until video has finished encoding.
Compress the Video With Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate
This software is a perfect video compressor, video converter, you can get this software on the Windows and Mac OS well, this software can support the multipe videos input and output, like the AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV, MPG, 3GP, MPEG, etc. You can laod the videos by the folder and do batch video conversion, with the high stability, you can get the videos with fast speed.
In the video settings, you can downsize 1080p to 720p, compress 4K UHD to 1080p/720p, 1080p to DVD 480p/576p formatted with various different file formats, you just need to adjust the video resolution, you also can adjust the video parameters, like the video frame, video codec, video bitarte, audio codec, audio sample rate, audio channels, etc.
With the built-in video editor, you can edit the videos for better uploading and sharing, you can add subtitles to video, this software can support the SRT, SSA, ASS subtitles, you also add watermark to videos, add new text to the video, split the video into clips, adjust the video background color, brightness, change the video aspect ratio. More details you can downlaod this software and have a try.
Simple Steps for Compressing Videos
Step 1. Load video files.
Open the program, click “File” menu, from its drop-down option, select “Add Video/Audio” to load video to the program, you also can add the folder with multiple videos, you can do batch video conversion with fast speed. You can load multiple videos to this software, even including the DVD and Blu-ray discs.
Step 2. Choose output file format.
From “Format” bar drop-down list, choose the formats that you want to output for later use. For compatibility consideration, it is idea for you to choose “Common Video” > “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” as output file format. You also can choose other videos from the Common Video. You even can choose the videos from the devices preset, like the iPad, iPhone, Tvs, etc.
Open “Profile Settings” window, click “Size(pix)” to select 1280*720 as the final resolution for output video. Many other advanced parameters like Bit Rate, Video Codec, Channel etc are also available for you to further customize your output file. You also can compress the 4K video to HD videos by adjusting the video resolution.
Step 3. Start the video conversion
After the video option and setting, you can go back to the main interface and press the Convert button to start the video conversion. Wait for a while, you can get the desired videos quickly.
You can choose the Handbrake which can output the high MP4 and MKV videos, if you want to get more video formats, you can choose the second video converter, good luck to you.
Comments are currently closed.