Backup DVD to Thumb Drive on Mac/Windows with No Quality Loss
DVD (Digital Video Disc) is a widely-used disc medium for movies. Making a backup of a DVD’s contents to a Thumb Drive is useful for users who need a permanent storage solution and convenient carriage. Here, the article will teach you how to copy DVD to Thumb Drive on Mac and Windows.
What Can You Get After Copied DVD to Thumb Drive?
1: DVD Safe Keeping: By putting DVD content to Thumb Drive, you never need to bother DVD discs again to protect your physical DVD discs from scratching due to over-time use.
2. DVD Playback: Through ripping DVD to Thumb Drive with DVD Decrypter, you can play DVD movies on PC, Mac Tablet, Laptop, TV via USB Port without using DVD discs.
3. DVD Portability:When you copied DVD to Thumb Drive, you can take and watch your DVD movies anywhere and anytime even though you don’t have the DVD Player.
Part 1： Best DVD Ripper Recommended to Copy DVD to Thumb Drive
Pavtube ByteCopy is the World NO.1 DVD Ripping tool that can help you copy DVD to Thumb Drive with just 3 clikcs. Even a non-computer man can easily rip DVD to Thumb Drive, USB Drive, USB Flash Drive, U Disc with this DVD copier tool.
Main Features of Pavtube ByteCopy
– Remove DVD encryption including CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM, etc.
– 1:1 backup DVD with original video structure to Thumb Drive.
– Directly copy DVD main title to VOB for storing on Thumb Drive.
– Copy DVD to lossless MKV and multi-track MP4/MOV with multiple subtitle and audio tracks.
– Copy DVD to Thumb Drive, USB Drive, USB Flash Drive, External Hard Drive, etc.
Based on Windows, you can get 6x times DVD ripping speed by H.264 codec with NVIDIA CUDA and ATI Stream (AMD APP) acceleration technologies. It supports batch conversion so you can add multiple DVDs to rip to Thu,b Drive and then open “Shut down computer after conversion” to turn off your computer automatically even though you are not in front of the machine. For Mac users, please use the equivalent Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac which supports to copy DVD on macOS Sierra for storing onto Thumb Drive.
Part 2： Copy DVD to Thumb Drive on Windows 10/8.1/8
Step 1: Load DVD disc to the software
Insert your DVD disc into your computer DVD drive, then launch the program, from “File” menu drop-down list, select “Load from disc” to import source DVD disc movies to the program.
Step 2: Select output format
USB Thumb Drive supports storing almost all kinds of video formats. However, when linked to a device for playing, the video format should be accepted by the device such as smart TV, computer and tablet. So you are required to figure out the exact input video formats supported by the device you are to play the DVD video with. For portable devices including Android tablets, MP4 is recommended since it has wide compatibility with multiple players, good video quality and small file size. For TV, MPEG format is so far accepted by most brands. You can choose any video format in “Format” bar according to the DVD playback device you will use.
If you want lossless quality, lossess MKV is suggested.
Tip: Open “Profile Settings” window, here you can adjust the output video codec, size, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, sample rate, bit rate, channels to make the ripped DVD to Thumb Drive in better quality.
Step 3: Backup DVD to Thumb Drive
Carry out the DVD ripping process by hitting the right-bottom convert button to start to copy DVD to Thumb Drive at ultra fast speed.
Part 3: Rip DVD to Thumb Drive on Mac OS X including macOS Sierra
Step 1: Add the DVD movies
Insert your DVD disc to the drive, then launch the DVD to USB Thumb drive Ripper and click the “Load DVD” button to select and load the DVD movies you want to store on your USB Thumbdrive. VIDEO_TS folder, ISO and IFO files are also supported. After the DVD movie is loaded, you can preview it on the right viewing window and adjust volume or take snapshots freely.
Tips: You can click on the dropdown list of “Subtitles” to select your needed subtitles so that you can view DVD movies with proper subtitles.
Step 2: Decide output format
Click the “Format” -> “Common Video” or “HD Video” option, and choose MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. formats recognized by USB Thumbdrive as output format.
1. The output format is preferably in a common format, like MP3 for audio, MP4 for video. The more common format you use, the more devices you can copy to.
2. With the right settings you can retain the quality of the original DVD while also saving space. This is particularly helpful when streaming over your network, depending on your network quality. Simply click “Settings” bar and you can tweak the settings to your satisfaction and even save it as preset.
Step 3: Convert DVD to USB Thumbdrive
Click the “Convert” button under the preview window, and the DVD ripper will start the conversion from DVD movies to USB Thumb drive. This will take a while, depends on the encoding settings, hardware of your Mac computer and the length of the DVD file.
After the conversion completed successfully, drop the ripped DVD file into USB Thumbdrive easily. Now, you can watch DVD movies via USB Thumb drive on your HD TV, Apple TV, Xbox 360/One, Roku, computer tablets or smartphones both home and away.
- Digitize Blu-ray/DVD Collection to Amazon Fire TV with Plex
- Reviews: Tips and Tricks for Selecting a Blu-ray to MKV Ripper
- How to Play DVD on Windows 10 (Even Without a DVD Drive)?
- Backup DVD To WD My Passport Pro For Device Plex Playing
- DVD Layers – How DVDs Work- Rip DVDs