How to Play DVD on Mac Mini?
For most Mac Mini users, they are struggled to find the way to play DVD on Mac Mini, we know Mac Mini doesn’t provide the DVD drive, you can’t play DVD on it directly. But Mac Mini allows you to connect an external DVD drive to it, then you can connect Mac Mini to Mac for playback. A DVD drive must need the DVD drive software, you just buy a DVD drive and connect it to Mac Mini by USB, it’s not enough, if you want to play DVD in Mac with Mac Mini, you also need to set the DVD drive, like the following shows:
Basic Tool: DVD drive | Blu-ray player | Screen Devices
Setting up a DVD drive to Mac Mini
1. On the Mac Mini that has an optical drive, choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2. Click the Sharing icon in the System Preferences window.
3. Make sure you’ve entered a name that you can easily recognize in the Computer Name field.
4. Enable the checkbox for DVD or CD Sharing.
5. You can also restrict who has access to your optical drive by selecting "Ask me before allowing others to use my DVD drive."
Pros：You just need a DVD drive, you can watch video easily
Cons: If you buy DVD movie with protection, In that case you cannot directly play blu-ray on Mac Mini whether you have a Blu-ray player or not because the disc copyright protection. The best way to watch Blu-ray on Mac is to backup Blu-ray to Mac mini with a blu-ray ripper program.
Best Way to Play DVD on Mac Mini
Want to play any DVD movies on Mac Mini? Yes, you can try ByteCopy for Mac which is an excellent DVD Ripper, whatever you buy the DVD from store or online, this software can remove all the DVD copyright protection. At the same time, you can rip and convert DVD to digital video formats, like: MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. Why? because you can save the video to USB, then insert the USB to Mac Mini for video playback.
Have you got some other ideas? This DVD ripper not only can help you to enjoy DVD on Mac Mini, you can choose any devices for playing DVD, such as: iPad, iPhone, Games console, TV, etc. You don’t need the DVD disc any more, don’t worry about missing DVD movie due to the frail disc any more. This review will help you to know more information about this software.
Key Features you are interested in
- Support DVD disc, DVD ISO, IFO image, DVD folder, Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray IFO image, Blu-ray folder
- Convert BD/DVD to 200+ Multimedia Devices and Formats, such as: H.264, MP4. AVI, MKV, MOV, etc. Also you can experience the GPU accelaration.
- Enjoy 4K video from DVD and Blu-ray with high video quality.
- Get 3D Movie Creating Experience from Blu-ray and DVD
- Backup BD/DVD without Quality Loss: Backup entire Blu-ray and DVD disc or Save a 100% M2TS/VOB movie without extras
- Personalize Movie With Customized Adjustments: Abundant output parameters provided and Powerful video editing feature
Quick Guide: Convert DVD to Mac Mini
Step 1. Insert your DVD disc to Mac by a DVD drive, run this software, and click File and choose Load files button to import DVD videos directly from your disc. You can also load IFO image to it. This software will detect the DVD main titles automatically. You can choose the desired subtitles language at the bottom, also you can backup Blu-ray with forced subtitles.
Step 2. Click on the main title, then press Format button and choose the video you want, for example: You can choose Multi-track Video > Multi-track MP4 (*.mp4) video, this video formats can keep all the DVD multiple audio tracks and chapter markers. You also can choose other video formats, like: MKV, MOV, AVI video formats as the output video files.
Step 3. After all the choices are done, go back to the main interface and click Convert to start DVD to MP4 video conversion with chapter. Wait for a while, a brand new MP4 video will be finished.
In general, 2 ways are all good, If you DVD is not protected, you can choose way 1 to play DVD on Mac Mini, if your DVD is protected, you must need one DVD Ripper, also above DVD Ripper also can do many tasks for you. Hope you can enjoy DVD movies on Mac Mini happily.