DVD Ripping Software vs. DVD Copy Software: Which One to Choose in 2017
What’s the difference between DVD Ripper Software and DVD Copier Software? Which one should we choose when we want to backup DVD or convert DVD to MP4, MKV, AVI? If you have a DVD Ripper, do you also need to have a DVD Copier software?
DVD ripping as well as copying has become common vocabulary gradually, especially in the group of DVD/BD collectors. However, for some total tech morons, they still will get confused when needing to create a backup of their DVD collections. They don’t know where to begin and which software to choose. A DVD Copy Software or a DVD Ripper Software? What is the difference between the two?
So here we’re going to briefly explain the difference between the two to help you choose the one that best suits your needs. Honestly, there aren’t significant differences between the two software types, but before you purchase an application you should know the subtle differences. This article will highlight the differences and the abilities of each choice.
DVD Copy Software
DVD Copy software can remove the copy protection from the data and make an exact copy of the DVD on a new disc. It is often used to copy DVDs or Blu-rays to your computer’s hard drive. It’s an excellent idea to back up your video collection because you never know what will happen to it. If you scratch, damage or lose any discs, you may end up needing to purchase the same movie twice – unless you’ve backed them all up on your hard drive.
When you’ve copied your movies and TV shows with DVD copy software, you can play your copied DVDs and Blu-rays with a media player or burn it to a blank disc.
DVD Ripper Software
DVD Ripper Software is similar to DVD copy software but is not confined the process to just copy. Like DVD copy software, DVD ripper software has the ability to remove the copying restriction and extract all data from a DVD or Blu-ray. But on the other hand, it also has the ability to save the DVD copy to another file format.
DVD ripping allows you to use the data with different media players on smartphones, video iPads and other devices. DVD ripping changes the data and makes it more accessible to you by allowing you to download and play it on multiple devices.
Learn >> Comparison of Popular DVD Ripping Softwares in the market
Which is Legal?
Now, the last part we will analyze is that which process is legal. Technically, neither process is legal. In 1998, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) was created to protect the copyrights of the owners of digital media. According to the DMCA, it is illegal to “Circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title.” The act also states, “No person shall, without the authority of the copyright owner or the law, intentionally remove or alter any copyright management information” [1201 (1)(A) and 1202 (B)].
What this means is that while making copies or ripping DVDs isn’t illegal, removing the security features is. Unfortunately, it is impossible to copy or rip a DVD without removing its security features. The only way to legally watch the contents of a DVD on another media player is to use the Universal Digital Copy that is now included with many new DVDs. And moreover, no news and feedback unveils that someone is detained because he copied or ripped DVD for personal use.
After the analysis, you will be clear that DVD copy software is a great option if you only want a backup of your DVDs and Blu-rays while DVD ripper software is a great option if you want to change the file format of your movie files to watch on a number of different media and mobile devices. But actually, to some degree, most DVD copy software can do the work of DVD ripping and copying. Though there are products called DVD rippers, most people will have more versatility when using copying software since it can save the data in various formats and make copies of the DVD in the original format.
Best DVD Copier and Ripper Recommended
Pavtube BDMagic is a commercial DVD copy and ripping software. It can circumvent copy protection mechanisms, such as the encryption used on most commercial DVDs and shift format. Learn the key features of the best DVD copy and ripping software:
- Break various DVD encryption including Region, RCE, CSS, CPRM, UOP, AACS, etc.
- 1:1 backup DVD in original video structure and video quality.
- Directly copy DVD main title to VOB file.
- Convert DVD disc, DVD ISO/IFO, DVD Folder to h.265, m3u8, mp4, mov, m4v, avi, mkv, flv, etc.
- Rip DVD to optimized preset for popular devices, like iPhone 6S, Surface Pro 4, PS4, Galaxy Note 5, iPad Pro, etc.
- Trim and crop DVD videos so that you can upload the clips to YouTube, Vimeo and other sharing sites.
- Split a whole DVD video to several segments and merge selected movie titles into one file.
- Select desired subtitles stream and audio track or copy and rip DVD with forced subtitle.
- Set display aspect ratio as well as output ratio and output mode
- Add text watermark to selected DVD video clip. You can either set parameters or drag the text on preview screen to set its location.
- You can add special effects like Simple Gauss Blur, Flip Color, Invert, Aged Film to your source DVD video.
- In Color Control section, you can correct color by by adjusting brightness, contrast, and saturation.
- Deinterlacing function makes your source video keep good image quality.
- Either replace/remove original audio, or set audio fade in/out effects.
- Add SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to your original DVD videos
- Adjust video/audio resolution, bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, codec, channel before copy and rip DVD.
- How to Put DVD to Media Server Quickly?
- Rip Blu -ray/DVD to QNAP NAS for JRiver Media Center
- Play Blu-ray on Amazon Fire TV/Fire TV 2 with 7.1 Audio
- How to Play Blu-ray/DVD on Xbox 360?
- Put Bloated Disney Blu-ray to iPad Mini with small storage