Convert 4K Video to Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Supported Format
Sony became the first 4K smartphone manufacturer with the launch of its Xperia Z5 Premium, featuring a 4K display with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels based on SID Standard and enables all video and image content to be enjoyed in 4K resolution. This feature actually sways consumers more to buy this phone. With this brilliant 4K smart phone in hand, maybe you can’t wait to experience 4K video enjoyment on Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. Except viewing 4K video on Sony Xperia Z5 Premium from the third party 4K streaming sites, you also can put your 4K movies outside to Sony Xperia Z5 Premium via MicroSD card for watching.
Speaking of transferring local 4K videos to Sony Xperia Z5 Premium, you have to ensure the video format is in the list of Sony Xperia Z5 supported formats. If so, just attach the 4K video to your Sony Xperia Z5 Premium as the steps below. It is said that Sony claims that the phone can accept a external MicroSD card up to 200GB.
1. Plug your Xperia Z5 Premium into your computer. Do this with the cable supplied with your device, most likely a microUSB cable.
2. When the menu option window pops up, choose “Open device to view files” option; this will make the device show up in the Windows file explorer as a removable storage drive. Note: If you’re phone doesn’t show up properly, go to the settings and select “Connect as media device (MTP)” or similar. This is normally accessible from the drop down notification menu if the device is plugged into a PC.
3. Drag and drop the files from your machine onto your Xperia Z5 Premium with the Windows File Explorer.
If the 4K video you already have is a unpopular format, you can transcode it to a Sony supported format with a 4K Video Converter. Here, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is recommended strongly. This all-in-one 4K converting tool is surely in the support of converting 4K UHD videos in any formats faultlessly. It can transcode 4K videos downloaded in various format and 4K Blu-ray to Sony Xperia Z5 Premium in suitable format with high resolution. Besides, it allows you to adjust video and audio parameters as you like, like downscaling 4K to 1080p. (Here is the review)
Free Download Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Transcode unsupported 4K video to Sony Xperia Z5 Premium supported format?
Step 1: Add source 4K video
If it is Blu-ray disc, just click “Load from disc” on the main UI to import 4K Blu-ray to the app. Otherwise, hit on “Add Video/Audio” to add the source 4K video to the 4K video to Sony Xperia Z5 Premium software.
Step 2: Choose right output format
According to the supported format of Sony Xperia Z series, you can choose MKV, AVI, etc from “HD Video” or “Common Video”. In addition, you can choose “Android Phones 1080p Video(*.mp4)” from “Android” profile as the target fromat.
Tip: Actually, Sony Xperia Z5 Premium can play the video shot itself and 4K video from 4K streaming site in 4K resolution. Many other content is displayed at 1080P or lower resolution in order to optimise the performance and battery stamina for this device, ensuring you can enjoy the 4K resolution when you need it most. So sometimes, you should consider to downscale 4K to 1080p, the standard video pixel currently. Press on “Settings” next to the “Format” bar and you can do the processing.
Step 3: Start transcode conversion
Remember which one the destination folder is, or just click “Browse” to set a new one to save the converted media files. Then hit “Convert” to start converting 4K video to your Sony Xperia Z5 Premium.
Open the output folder to locate the transcoded or downscaled 4K video to Sony Xperia Z5 Premium as the steps aforementioned. Now, you should be able to play original unsupported 4K video on Sony Xperia Z5 Premium.
- Watch DVD, Blu-ray, SD, HD Videos on Sony Xperia Series (Z3, Z2, Z1, Z Ultra, Z)
- How to watch Blu-ray movie on Xperia Z4 from Windows 10/8.1/8
- 7 Ways To Watch 4K Video In Your Home & How To Play 4K
- How to Watch 4K Video in VLC?
- How to Rip and Stream DVD to 4K TV (and HD TV, 8K TV)?