Play 4K UHD video on Minix Neo U9-H by Kodi
Android TV box has released the latest box: Minix Neo U9-H, it is probably the first Amlogic S912-H SoC based box from a mainstream vendor, which can support the fully Ultra HD 4K video, Dolby Audio, H.265/HEVC video files, no doubt, these features are so charming, which means you can enjoy the wonderful 4K video on Minix Neo U9-H by Kodi. You can stream the 4K video on TV by Minix Neo U9-H, by the test we know your onternet speed is at least like this:
- 802.11ac TCP/IP – Down: 237.16Mbps Up: 276.14Mbps
- 802.11ac SMB – Down: 3.39Mbps Up: 3.29Mbps
- Ethernet TCP/IP – Down: 94.14Mbps Up: 95.20Mbps
- Ethernet SMB – Down: 30.38Mbps, Up: 26.98Mbps
When you play the 4K videos on Minix Neo U9-H by Kodi, we did the test and found most audio and video codecs can be played well on Kodi 17.1, but some users meet little troubles when they get some video and audio codes are not supported by Kodi 17.1, you can check the table and know your video and audio can be supported on Kodi or not.
How to Play Any 4K Videos on Minix Neo U9-H by Kodi?
Obviously, when you can’t play the 4K videos on Minix Neo U9-H by Kodi, you need to change the video container, video codec, audio codec, vidoe frame, video bitrate, etc. Here you need one 4K video converter, like Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, a professional 4K video converter which can upscale common video to 4K video without much quality loss, you can load any video in any formats, like: MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, etc, even you can load the DVD and Blu-ray movies, amaizng.
Minix Neo U9-H can support the HD video well, you also can downscale the 4K video to HD video effortlessly which won’t affect the video enjoyment. In addition, you can change the video parameters: video codec, audio codec, vidoe frame, video bitrate, audio channels, audio sample rate, etc when you meet the 4K video incompatibility issue. Best of all, this 4K video converter support the H.264 and H.265 codec acceleration which takes full use of the GPU acceleration, you can get the 30 x faster speed than the common 4K video converter.
Step by Step to Convert 4K Videos for Minix Neo U9-H
Step 1. Add video files
Click “File” menu and load video source, you can load the common video, load the 4K video files, also you can import the DVD and Blu-ray disc, images, folder to this software. At the right window, you can preview the movies firstly, you can adjust the volume too.
Step 2. Choose output 4K video format
After you load the video files to this softwrae, you can get the 4K video format with 3 options
- Common video > H.264 High Profile video (.*mp4)
- HD video > H.265 HD video (.*mp4)
- HD video > H.264 HD video (.*mov)
Then you need to enter the setting menu and adjust the video resolution to 4K video resolution, like: 3840p. What’s more, if you 4K videos are not compatible with Minix Neo U9-H due to the codec, you can adjust video and audio parameters, like: video and audio codec, video frame, video bitrate, etc. In addition, you can also can compress 4K video to HD video by reducing the video resolution.
When you change the 4K video codec to H.264 or H.265, you want to experience the high video conversion speed? You need to enable the GPU acceleration: Click “Tools” > “Options”, in the opened “Options” window, click “Acceleration” menu, then check “Enable GPU Encode Acceleration” option
Step 3. Start 4K video conversion
After all the settings are finished, you need to go back to the main interface and click Convert button to begin the 4K video conversion quickly.
About the Minix Neo U9-H, You Can Know:
We did some test on Minix Neo U9-H, for Minix Neo U9-H beginner or people who wants to buy it, you can refer to the following information.
You may like:
- As @wesk05 has said – working Kodi Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching
- Mooth video playback of 23.976, 29.97 & 59.94fps video using Mediacodec (surface) & HDMI-self adaptation Level 1 settings selected.
- Google IEC Audio Passthrough Support for HD Audio and Kodi Krypton.
- Its a snappy, well built box. The Mali-T820 GPU is slightly quicker than the Mali-450 GPU in say a (S905x) Xiaomi Mi Box.
- Excellent Dual Band AC WiFi (MIMO)
- Numerous External Connectivity options.
- Widevine Level 1 & Microsoft Playready DRM certificates. (HDCP 1.x only)
- Visually – until We do proper testing – (both max 1280x720p) HD Netflix (Hacked Touchscreen App) and HD Stan (Aussie DRM streaming App) works. However 2.0 Audio with Netflix.
- These touchscreen Apps are not remote control friendly. An Air mouse is definitely needed.
You may hate:
- A Highly directional Infra Red remote control, that needs to be pointed directly at the box to work. Its as bad as the WeTek Hub’s (without it’s IR extender cable) and other budget AMLogic boxes.
- The usual Air Mouse Control difficulties with all Android Touchscreen Apps. Non tech Newbies and Frequent drinkers with bad co-ordination are going to have problems.
- The remote control – user friendly Android TV version of Netflix will not work at all.
- No Amcodec video acceleration shows up when using SPMC (Jarvis) – this would solve all PVR client deinterlacing issues.
- No 1080p > 2160p Resolution switching. A known Android Firmware issue on 99% of Android platforms. (Fire TV2 has this working)
Overall, the U9-H is a very capable box. It will work very well both HD and UHD (including HDR10) media playback. You can use the 4K video converter well and play 4K videos on Minix Neo U9-H by Kodi 17.1 well. good luck to you.