Rip and Copy DVD to QNAP TS-x51 for Kodi
QNAP, Inc. has announced that its NAS officially supports Kodi (formerly XBMC) Entertainment Center. Among large QNAP NAS family members, QNAP TS-x51 is one of those which can install Kodi in HD Station to enjoy an improved entertainment experience. The main benefit is to store, back up, and playback all your media collections by QNAP TS-x51 with Kodi. If you are worrying that your old DVD discs are getting scratched and want to create a backup of them, just rip and copy your DVD library to QNAP TS-x51 so that you can play these DVD movies with Kodi on TV without using physical DVD discs any more.
- Learn >> Kodi Supported QNAP NAS
This won’t be a tough job when you have a DVD Ripper (Learn DVD Ripper Software vs. DVD Copy Software). A DVD Ripper is such a utility which can circumvent copy protection of DVD and shift format. With DVD Ripper, you can remove DVD copy restriction and save DVD in digital version that Kodi supports.
Pavtube BDMagic is top-ranked one among many DVD Rippers in the market. It can rip and copy any commercial DVD discs to both QNAP TS-x51 and Kodi supported MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, M4V, etc. What’s more, since your ultimate playback devices are HD TVs, this software also can output optimized preset for LG/Panasonic/Samsung/Sony TV which can give you perfect movie enjoyment with high video quality.<review>
Other Features of Pavtube BDMagic
- Batch convert DVDs to QNAP TS-x51 and Kodi.
- Add srt.ssa.ass subtitle to DVD video
- Adjust DVD video size,codec, bitate, fame rate and audio channel, codec, sample rate, bitrate.
- Trim and crop DVD videos
- Adjust display aspect ratio.
- Automatically detect and choose DVD main title to convert
Pavtube BDMagic also has the equivalent Mac version. But if you have both Windows and Mac computer, I suggest you to use Windows version because this app on Windows can offer 6X times DVD ripping speed by H.264 codec with NVIDIA CUDA/ AMD GPU acceleration technology.
Free download and install:
How to Rip and Copy 400+ Blu-ray to QNAP TS-x51 for Kodi?
Step 1. Import DVD disc
Click “File” > “Load from disc” to import DVD disc the program. This program will automatically select the main title by taking the tick in front of it.
Step 2: Choose output format.
You can simply choose H.264 HD MP4 form “HD Video” in “Format”which can give wide compatibility with QNAP TS-x51 and Kodi and high resolution. Or you can choose TV format from TVs profile that is also compatible with QNAP TS-x51 and Kodi.
Tip: Open “Settings” window, here you can compress the output DVD rips by decreasing video bitrate and size. Or you can select audio channel according to your ultimate multimedia devices. You can preview the output video parameters at the below chart.
Step 3: Start conversion process.
Go back to the main interface, hit right-bottom “Convert” button to start DVD movies to QNAP TS-x51 for Kodi conversion process.
How to Install Kodi on QNAP NAS?
1.Install the HD Station & Kodi on QTS.
2.Connect your NAS to TV by HDMI cable.
PS: You can use QNAP remote control, or download the Android or iOS App “Qremote” to control your HD Station.
You can also use the wireless USB keyboard/ mouse to control your NAS.
3.You will see the HD Station portal on your TV screen. Click the Kodi.
4.When you select “Video > Add-ons > Get More…” You will see lots of default add-on channels for you to choose to install.
However, there are a lot more unofficial but very interesting channels which were contributed by communities out there.
5.Install a “Repository”
(1)Go to System> File Manager, select: “Add Source”
(2) In the pop up window, this is where you can add new file source/repository. You can easily find many available repositories on the Internet by googling “kodi repositories”.
(3) Go back to the Kodi main screen
(4a) Go to System > Settings >
(4b) Add-ons, select “Install from zip file”
(5) Click the Super Repo which you just defined. Choose from these file to install. Example: select “gotham“, and select “all” and install all these files.
(6) Go back to the Kodi main screen.
6.Install the Channels
(1) Go to Video > Video Add-ons > Get more… You will find there are more new channels now are available
(2) Choose the channel you are interested in (e.g. VEVO), click and then install it.
(3) Once complete the installation. You can find the channels here “Video> Add-ons”
Learn >> Top 15 Addons for kodi 2016
We all know how powerful Kodi is, and it’s also a perfect fit for QNAP NAS devices since all your media collection is stored on the NAS, and Kodi provides an easy way to playback all your media. With these add-ons/channels, it not only expands the functionality of your QNAP NAS and Kodi, but also maximizes your home theater experience.
- Play 4K on Kodi – Install 4K Media Add-On for Kodi
- Rip and Backup Family DVD to NAS for Viewing via Kodi on Samsung TV 55 inches
- Play DVD IFO ISO on Kodi
- How to Watch Encrypted Blu-ray on Kodi via USB Flash Drive?
- Problem playing DVCPRO HD MOV Files in Kodi
- How to Put DVD to Media Server Quickly?