Put Movies/TV shows to My Book Live NAS for Sharing
Have you stored too many movies and TV shows on your hard drive? Do you get upset that you need to transfer movies and TV shows to your iPad Pro every time you want to watch the movies on the bed? Now, the solution is coming. Put your movies/TV shows to My Book Live NAS then you can play the movies/TV shows via My Book Live NAS on your iPad Mini 4, Surface Pro, Mac, PC only if you are on the wired or wireless network.
Why Do You Need to Copy Movies/TV shows to My Book Live NAS?
- Storing your movies/TV shows collection on your wired or wireless network
- Sharing your movies/TV shows with all the computers on your network
- Backing up movies/TV shows from all the PCs and Mac computers in your home
- Viewing the movies/TV shows with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android smartphone
- Streaming the movies/TV shows to your Blu-ray Disc players, game consoles, media players, or other DNLA/UPnP devices on your home network.
Before Put Movies/TV shows to My Book Live NAS for Sharing
Since your ultimate goal is to play these movies/TV shows on your portable devices via My Book Live NAS, you’d better make sure your movies/TV shows are supported by your iPhone, iPad, Android tablet/phone and AMP, Quicktime. After all, each multimedia player has its own compatible formats. To successfully play these movies/TV shows via My Book Live NAS on your devices, you need to check if your movies/TV shows formats are in the supported video format list of your devices or media players below:
- iPad Pro/iPad Mini 4 Supported Formats
- Android Devices Supported Format
- iPhone Supported Formats
- QuickTime Supported Formats
If your movies/TV shows are some FLV, MKV, DivX, XviD, MOV, VOB, even some 4K videos, I do suggest you to re-encode them to MP4 files before you put the movies/TV shows to My Book Live NAS in that MP4 is the only video format I known that is compatible with nearly all iOS and Android devices.
How to Convert Movies/TV shows to MP4 for Putting to My Book Live NAS?
Converting all your movies/TV shows to MP4 for putting to My Book Live NAS, you have to use a video transcoder. After tested some top-ranked video converter and read some comparison reviews in top ten review site, I finally seleted Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac which has the main features below:
– Convert MKV, AVI, VOB, MOV, FLV, etc movies/TV shows to MP4 for My Book Live NAS.
– Copy Blu-ray/DVD movies/TV shows to My Book Live NAS in H.265, M3U8 and other digital files on Mac.
– Compress 4K movies/TV shows to 1080p, 720p to transfer to My Book Live NAS.
– Support batch conversion that can save you lots of time.
– Shrink video size so that you can store more movies/TV shows on My Book Live NAS.
– Compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan,10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, etc.
Free download and install
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
Steps to Convert Movies/TV shows to MP4 for My Book Live NAS
Step 1: Import Movies/TV shows to the app
For Blu-ray/DVD movies/TV shows, navigate to “File” > “Load from disc” to load movies/TV shows Blu-ray/DVD to the app. For normal video, choose “Add video/audio” to add local movies/TV shows to the software. Pls bear in mind that you can add more than one movies at a time since the program has batch conversion function. And you can select the desired subtitle/audio track, even forced subtitle below the chapter list.
Step 2: Choose format for My Book Live NAS
Click “Format” to open the window where holds hundreds of video formats. According to the supported format of your devices and My Book Live NAS, you have many choices. But here HD MP4 is suggested for the most compatible feature and high resolution.
Tip: “Settings” icon next to “Format” can give you surprise. You can change the video resolution, size, codec and other parameters and preview the video size in the chart. If you need to compress 4k to 1080p, you just need to change the number in “Size” box to 1080p.
Step 3: Start to copy movies/TV shows to MP4 for My Book Live NAS
Now hit on the “Convert” button on software main interface to start the movies/TV shows to MP4 for My Book Live NAS conversion. After conversion, hit “Open” or “Open output folder” to quick locate generated MP4 files.
Now, it is the time to put movies/TV shows My Book Live NAS. Then you can view the movies/TV shows via My Book Live NAS on your iPhone 6S, iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3, iPad Pro, Galaxy Tab S2, etc on wireless network.
Comments are currently closed.