Put DVD into Home Digital Library in MP4 format
As technology continues to get smaller and increasingly mobile, many of us are stuck with DVD collections that are growing less compatible with our new lifestyles. Netbooks, ultrabooks, and even some desktops are starting to ditch optical drives. If you want to continue to enjoy your movies on DVDs, here’s a guide to knocking the dust off your stack of DVDs and transferring them to your home library in MP4 format, a generic container which can be played almost everywhere.
Through copying DVDs to your Home Library in NAS, Plex in the most compatible MP4 format, you can play the MP4 movies on iPad, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy phone/tablet, Amazon Fire HD tablet, PS4, Xbox One S throughout the house. Of course, to rip DVD to MP4 to put in digital library, you need a DVD Ripper cause commercial DVDs have encryption copy protection and a DVD Ripper can remove DVD copy protection and save DVD content in MP4 format.
Best DVD Ripper to Rip DVD onto a Home Library in MP4 Format
Here, we recommend you Pavtube ByteCopy to help you copy any DVD to MP4 for home library cause this DVD Ripper is fast, safe, clean, multifunctional, and easy-to-use, etc.
– Rip unprotected and protected your pruchased DVD, online rented DVDs to home library.
– Convert DVD to 540p, 720p, 1080p, 2160p, 3840p MP4, etc.
– Copy DVD to H.265 MP4, H.264 MP4, MPEG-4 MP4,etc.
– Create 3D SBS MP4 from DVD for Gear VR, ANT VR, Oculus Rfit CV1, etc.
– Convert DVD to multi-track MP4 with multiple subtitle and audio tracks.
– Also decrypt Blu-ray to MP4 for putting on home library.
– Convert Blu-ray PGS subtitle to dvdsub for TV streaming video with subtitles.
– Batch conversion supported and GPU Acceleration.
How to Copy DVD to MP4 for Home Library?
Step 1: Load DVD movie.
Launch Pavtube ByteCopy, click the “load from disc” to browse to disc drive and import your DVD into this app. Or add DVD VIDEO_TS folder, DVD ISO or IFO file into ByteCopy. Of course, Blu-ray is also supported. Normal Blu-ray and DVD movies have several subtitle streaming. You can choose your desired one at "Subtitle" then the subtitle streaming will hard burn to your video. In this way, when you play DVD on TV from home library, your TV only need to read one file in case you play video on TV without subtitle.
Learn also: Rip DVD to MP4 with Handbrake
Step 2: Choose format and set profile.
Choose output profile “HD Video > H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” in the drop-down list. HD MP4 can be compatible with iOS devices and Android devices while keeping high resolution.
Tip: For better copying DVD to MP4, you can customize video and audio options, such as Video Codec, Video Bitrate, Audio Codec, Audio Bitrate, Audio Channel, etc.
Note: You can navigate to “Tool” > “Options” > “Acceleration”, to tick “Enable GPU Decode Acceleration” to improve DVD ripping speed.
Tip: You are allowed to edit the DVD in Edit mode, and you can trim, crop, add watermark, attach subtitle file, and more.
Step 3: Rip DVD to MP4 for output.
Hit on the “Convert” icon and start ripping DVD to MP4 for home library. After a fast and complete conversion, you will find the ripped movie in output folder.
Buying digital movies from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon can lock you into viewing your content only within their specific apps. If you want the freedom to view your digital library whenever and however you want, your best bet is to acquire a physical copy of the media and rip it yourself. While this may no longer be the case with music CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays are still easy to acquire and often cheaper than their digital counterparts. Don’t let this format go to waste.
- Rip/Backup Blu-Ray/DVD To FreeNAS Home Server
- How To Put Your Blu-Ray Movies On Home Network?
- Backup DVD To Thumb Drive On Mac/Windows With No Quality Loss
- How To Play MP4 With Plex On Mac El Capitan/MacOS Seirra?
- How to Rip Blu-ray DVD Movies with Forced Subtitle Tracks Preserved?