Rip & Copy DVD to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage for Plex
WD has announced the latest version of the OS for its My Cloud family, OS 3. My Cloud OS 3 will be available as a free download on current My Cloud devices (My Cloud Mirror, My Cloud Expert Series EX2/EX4, etc). No matter which one you have, if you rip and backup your large DVD collection to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage, you can get anytime access to your DVD movies and TV shows at home on any PC, Mac, iOS or Android device without using DVD discs any more.
Thus, My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage has inside Plex. This feature now can offer you a fully integrated solution so you can centralize your personal DVD collection and stream the movies to any screen. Therefore, migrating DVD library to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage can perfect your Home Theater with Plex.
So, facing with this benefit, how to achieve it? If you have a DVD Ripper, it will be a piece of cake. After read the comparison of popular DVD Rippers in the market, I finally selected Pavtube BDMagic. with capacity of remove copy protection and save DVD to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage for Plex in other file formats.<review>
Key Features of Pavtube BDMagic
- Circumvent copy protection in DVD, like Region Codes, CSS, etc.
- Convert DVD to both My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage and Plex supported MP4, AVI, MOV, etc
- Batch convert several DVDs to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage for Plex
- Add srt.ssa.ass subtitle to DVD video
- Adjust DVD video size,codec, bitate, fame rate and audio channel, codec, sample rate, bitrate.
- Trim and crop DVD videos
- Automatically detect and choose DVD main title to convert
Pavtube BDMagic also has the equivalent Mac version. But if you have both Windows and Mac computer, I suggest you to use Windows version because this app on Windows can offer 6X times DVD ripping speed by H.264 codec with NVIDIA CUDA/ AMD GPU acceleration technology.
Free download and install:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
How to Copy DVD to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage for Plex?
Step 1. Import DVD disc
Click “File” > “Load from disc” to import DVD disc the program. Once the loading process is finished, all the DVD titles will be displayed on the main interface, the program will automatically select the main title by taking the tick in front of it.
Step 2: Choose output format.
From “Format” drop-down options, scroll down to “HD Video” main category, from its extended selection list, choose the output H.264 HD MP4 format which can give wide compatibility with Plex/My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage and high resolution.
Tip: Open “Settings” window, here you can compress the output DVD rips by decreasing video bitrate and size. Or you can choose audio channel according to your ultimate multimedia devices. You can preview the output video parameters at the below chart.
Step 3: Start conversion process.
Go back to the main interface, hit right-bottom “Convert” button to start DVD movies to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage for Plex conversion process.
When the DVD to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage process is over, keep your PC and My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage in the same network surrounding, then sync the converted DVD movies to My Cloud OS 3 NAS Storage. Then keeping your WD My Cloud NAS, Plex and WDTV Live in the same home network. Connect your WDTV Live to your smart TV and use the remote control to find the Plex media server, and choose the converted DVD movies and the next thing you have to do is just embracing sheer enjoyment.
Tip: Plex Media Server Western Digital NAS Support
- My Cloud Mirror Gen.1 & Gen. 2
- My Cloud EX2
- My Cloud EX4
- My Cloud EX2100
- My Cloud EX4100
- My Cloud DL2100
- My Cloud DL4100
- Import and Stream 3D MVC Movies to Apple TV 4 Via Plex Media Server
- Rip Blu-ray to Western Digital Media Server for Samsung Ultra HD TV
- Digitize Blu-ray/DVD Collection to Amazon Fire TV with Plex
- How To Stream Blu-Ray To WD MyCloud With The Best Video Quality
- Store Purchased Movies To Seagate Wireless Plus