Best El Capitan/macOS Sierra MakeMKV Alternative to Rip Blu-ray/DVD to MKV
MakeMKV for Mac is the first choice for people to rip Blu-ray/DVD on Mac all the time. However, with the update of the Mac system operating system, some feedback unveiled that MakeMKV for Mac would crack on Mac OS X El Capitan and the latest macOS Sierra. And when you want to rip Blu-ray/DVD to MP4, AVI, MOV, etc, MakeMKV for Mac can’t meet your need, neither. That’s why so many people are searching for MakeMKV alternative for Mac El Capitan and macOS Sierra. So here we gathered top 5 MakeMKV alternatives for Mac El Capitan and macOS Sierra in 2016.
First Part: What Can MakeMKV for Mac Give You?
MakeMKV for Mac is your one-click solution on Mac to convert video that you own into free and patents-unencumbered format that can be played everywhere. MakeMKV is a format converter, otherwise called “transcoder”. It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any wayReads DVD and Blu-ray discs
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Fast conversion – converts as fast as your drive can read data.
- No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
- All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.
Second Part: What Can’t MakeMKV for Mac Give You?
Although MakeMKV for Mac is popular among Blu-ray/DVD collectors, sometime it still isn’t people’s love. As a free and simple solution for DVD/Blu-ray?Ripping, MakeMKV for Mac?has many drawbacks that can not satisfy your advanced needs for DVD Ripping and Blu-ray backing up. We have listed several of them below:
1. MakeMKV for Mac can’t output rich file formats.
2. MakeMKV for Mac does not support to output device preset profile format;
3. MakeMKV for Mac lacks the basic editing functions for editing DVD and Blu-ray?disc.
4. MakeMKV for Mac is not stable and can easily crash on Mac OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra every time.
Third Part: 2016 Top 5 MakeMKV Alternatives for Mac El Capitan/macOS Sierra?
MakeMKV Mac Alternatives
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac
|ByteCopy is a professional Blu-ray DVD converter that convert movies to MKV, MP4, MOV with various subtitles and audio tracks on Mac. After using ByteCopy, you can enjoy 2D and 3D movie with multiple audio tracks and subtitles. It is capable in ripping BD and DVD to MP4 and MOV with multiple audio streams without quality loss. It can also convert BD and DVD from hard discs to virtually any popular video and audio format freely and easily.>> Official Website|
Handbrake for Mac
|HandBrake is one of the best video transcoders for converting video from all format to a selection of modern and widely supported codecs. It is free and open source and available for Windows, Mac and Linux. It can process from various multimedia formats to any DVD and Blu-ray sources that don’t contain any kind of copy protection. Outputs are file containers, video encoders, audio encoders and audio pass-thru. >> Official Website|
RipIt for Mac
|RipIt is a DVD ripper for Mac OS X that enables the users to watch their movies anywhere. Use RipIt and transfer DVDs to Mac with ease and speed then carry these movies without the need to carry around discs. Easily transfer a DVD in one of two ways either ripping copies or compressing. Ripping is for subtitles, extras and alternatuive tracks. Compressing is for making the track capable in playing on iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV.>> Official Website|
BDMagic for Mac
|BDMagic for Mac is a top-selling Blu-ray/DVD ripper in the market. It is designed to backup any commercial Blu-ray/DVD to H.265, M3U8, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc and some optimized preset for iPhone 7, iPad Pro, Surface Pro 4, Galaxy S7, etc on Mac OS X. Especially, it can convert region-locked Blu-ray/DVD to region-free digital version for PS4 and WMP. What’s more, it enables users to adjust video/audio size, bitare, frame rate, codec etc and trim, crop video and add srt subtitle. It is a worthy alternative to MakeMKV.>>Official Website|
Avidemux for Mac
|Avidemux is a free video editor and convertor for cutting, filtering, and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF using a variety of codecs. It is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and Windows operating system. Binaries available here are freely redistribute for covering mounting CD/DVD and download site. It is one of the best alternatives to Handbrake. Avidemux can be also used in place of MakeMKV. >> Official Website|
- Blu-Ray Ripper Software Vs. Blu-Ray Copy Software
- DVD Ripper Software vs. DVD Copy Software: Which One to Choose
Fourth Part: Ultimate MakeMKV Alternatives for Mac El Capitan/macOS Sierra
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is an all-in-one media solution that can alter MakeMKV to help users to rip Blu-ray and DVD to MKV on Mac El Capitan and 10.12 macOS Sierra. It equips with all the functions that MakeMKV alternatives introduced above have:<Review>
- Remove copy protection in Blu-ray/DVD discs including AACS, BD+, Region codes, ARccOS, etc.
- Rip Blu-ray/DVD to H.265, M3U8, MP4, MKV, MOV, M4V, AVI, WMV, FLV, ProRes, etc and other video format.
- Extract audio from Blu-ray/DVD disc to MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, OGG, iPhone Ringtone audio (M4R), Matroska Audio(MKA), etc.
- Provides optimized preset for iPhone 7, iPhone 6S, Surface Pro 4, Galaxy S7, iPad Pro?9.7, PS3, PS4, FCP and other mainstreaming devices and video editors.
- Split and merge Blu-ray/DVD video.
- Trim and crop Blu-ray/DVD video.
- Adjust video/audio size, codec, bitrate, etc and display aspect ratio.
- Add external srt.ssa.ass subtitle to Bluray/DVD video.
- Batch convert Blu-ray/DVD to digital version.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.12 macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard
Get a 50% off discount for all the best MakeMKV alternative for El Capitan: Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac, Pavtube BDMagic for Mac and Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac by joining Pavtube Black Friday & Cyber Monday Crazy Promotion. More surprises are waiting for you.