Watch DVD with QuickTime (version 10) on MacBook Pro
How to kill time when having a long flight? What about watch some movies using Quicktime on MacBook Pro? QuickTime Player (version 10) can play many media formats, including many that are no longer in common use. In OS X Mavericks and later, QuickTime Player converts certain older formats that it doesn’t play back directly. A window with a progress bar shows that the file is converting. But QuickTime Pro does not support ripping of DVDs. To watch DVD movies with QuickTime (version 10) and QuickTime Player 7 on MacBook Pro, you need to rip and convert DVD to QuickTime supported formats.
By ripping DVD, you can make 1920×1080 .mov files out of DVD movies for QuickTime (version 10) and QuickTime Player 7 playback on MBP. To save the hard space, you can store your DVD backups on a small SSD that you carry with you and backup to a raid in your house. Of course, you also can copy DVD to Thumb drive and a Mini External Hard Drive for convenient carry. In addition, commercial DVD has copyright protection so your DVD ripping tool need to be able to remove DVD copy protection.
Best DVD to QuickTime 10 Ripper Recommend
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is designed to bypass DVD encryption including CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM, etc then copy DVD movie title to hard drive on Macbook Pro. It can convert DVD to MP4, MOV, M4V for QuickTime version 10 and QuickTime player 7 with ultrafast converting speed and 100% original video quality. Specially, it can convert DVD to MKV, MP4, MOV, Apple ProRes MOV with multiple languages and subtitles for free switch during playback. If you only want subtitle when the actors saying a language, you also can choose rip DVD to forced subtitles for QuickTime.
Not only convert DVD to QuickTime, you also can rip Blu-ray to QuickTime and convert Blu-ray/DVD ISO to QuickTime on Mac, Macbook Pro, iMac running 10.12 macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, etc.
- Convert a 2-hours DVD movies in several minutes only with 3 click
- Rip DVD to QuickTime Format (MOV, MP4, M4V, etc.)
- Edit DVD videos to get better visual effects on QuickTime
Note: Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac is a paid software but it deserves it. It has free trial version but the output video will have Pavtube logo watermark in the middle. If you want to remove the watermark, you need to get a full version.
How to Rip DVD to QuickTime 10/7 on Macbook Pro with lossless quality?
Note: Play DVD in QuickTime by converting DVD to QuickTime acceptable format on iMac or MacBook is also very easy and time-saving. Below are the detailed steps about how to play DVD with QuickTime by converting DVD video format on Mac.
Step 1: Load DVD Movies.
Download and install DVD Ripper for Mac into your iMac or MacBook. Insert a DVD into your Mac’s DVD drive. (For MacBook, you need to connect the external DVD drive first.) Launch the converter and click the “File” button to import DVD files. Once the DVD is loaded, the main title will be checked automatically.
Step 2: Choose format for QuickTime
After successfully loading in your DVD videos, choose QuickTime supported format as the output format. Here MOV is highly recommended. On the right top of the format icon, there’s a setting button, where you can customized detailed parameters of the output format as you like.
1. If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. Remember bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.
2. To play DVD on QuickTime with better visual experience, you can edit your movie files at will. DVD Ripper for Mac will help you to trim any clips or join several clips as you want. You can also cut off the black edge of your DVD movie to enjoy your movie in full screen by clicking the “Crop” tab on the editing interface. Video brightness, contrast, saturation and the audio volume can also be adjusted.
Step 3: Start DVD to QuickTime 10 Conversion.
When everything is OK, press the big “Convert” button to start DVD to QuickTime MOV conversion by removing DVD copy protection on Mac, iMac, MacBook Pro. Once completed, locate and find the generated .MOV files by clicking “Open” icon on application UI, and you are able to import converted DVD movie to QuickTime for enjoying on Mac without hassle.
How to play the converted DVD video with QuickTime?
If QuickTime is the default media player on your computer, then you can double click the video and QuickTime Player will launch automatically and play the video files you choose.
If QuickTime is not the default media player:
- Method 1: Find out the target folder and choose the video you want to play, right-click it and choose QuickTime as the open mode.
- Method 2: Launch QuickTime and click “File” > “Open File”, then choose the video you want to play.
- Method 3: Directly choose and drag the files to the QuickTime player icon. After you releasing the mouse, QuickTime will launch automatically and open the videos you choose.
Other DVD to QuickTime 10/QuickTime 7 Ripper Programs
* Pavtube BDMagic for Mac – Pavtube BDMagic for Mac is another Blu-ray Ripper for Mac from Pavtube Studio. It can rip both Blu-ray and DVD to QuickTime but it can’t rip Blu-ray and DVD with multiple subtitle and audio track.