Best Way to Watch 3D Blu-ray on HTC Vive
3D movies are more and more popular among people which can bring you amazing movie experience. VR headset is the best tool for watching 3D movies, like: HTC Vive which is at the leading role, gets many 3D fans. Even though HTC Vive allows you to watch 4 kind of videos including regular 2D video, 3D side by side, over and bottom format, 180/360 degree video or full VR video, 3D Blu-ray is not the supported playback file format by HTC Vive. For people who have collected many 3D Blu-ray discs, it’s a big trouble.
Have you imaged that watching your favourite 3D Blu-ray movies on HTC Vive at will? Like: Doctor Strange- Marvel Cinematic Universe Edition, Gravity, The Adventures of Tintin. You probably need a 3D software, you can get the desired 3D video files from 3D Blu-ray movie for your HTC Vive. For this goal, I want to share this post with you, you can find the comprehensive ways to watch any 3D Blu-ray movies on HTC Vive.
Necessary Tool: 3D Blu-ray Ripper for HTC Vive
First, you need to get one 3D software which can convert 3D Blu-ray to popular 3D video formats, I haved used Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate for many years, it won’t let you down. This software can remove most 3D Blu-ray copy protection, support any 3D Blu-ray movies, output multiple 3D videos, best of all, you even can create your own 3D liibrary by converting 2D Blu-ray to 3D videos, more features you can read this Blu-ray ripper review.
- Support 3D Blu-ray disc, 3D Blu-ray ISO image, 3D Blu-ray folder
- Remove any 3D Blu-ray region code, copy protection, like: AACS, BD+, RC, BD-Live, UOPs, etc.
- Convert 3D Blu-ray to multiple 3D video formats, such as: 3D MP4, 3D AVI, 3D MOV, etc.
- Provide various 3D video effect: Anaglyph 3D, Side by Side 3D, Top and Bottom 3D.
- Support various VR headset: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift DK2, Google Daydream VR, Google Cardboard, HTC Vive,VR One Plus, etc.
- Excellent 3D converter: Convert common 2D DVD, Blu-ray to 3D videos effortlessly.
- Output 3D video with 0 quality loss and lighting fast speed.
How to Convert 3D Blu-ray to 3D Video for HTC Vive?
Step 1. Load 3D Blu-ray files
Launch the 3D Blu-ray Ripper for HTC Vive. Click “Load from disc” button on the main interface to load your media files to the program. Blu-ray folder and Blu-ray ISO image ar also accepted at here. By the way, if you have spent much money on DVD discs, you also can load the DVD movies and get 3D video from DVD movie easily.
Step 2. Select output 3D format
From the official data, we know that 3D Blu-ray to a “side by side” or “over under” format, HTC Vive can accept 3D SBS and 3D Top and Bottom videos, you can choose 3D SBS MP4 video which is the best 3D video format for HTC Vive. Click “Format” bar on the interface then navigate to “3D Video” to choose “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)”, or “MP4 Top bottom 3D Video (*.mp4)” as the output format.
Step 3. Start 3D Blu-ray to HTC Vive conversion
Click “Convert” to accomplish the rest process of 3D Blu-ray to HTC Vive acceptable video conversion quickly. After the video conversion is finished, you can open the output folder to find the output video files. Then, you just need to a Vive headset unit, two controllers, two base stations, a link box to connect the headset with your PC, then power on the HTC Vive, you can experience magic VR experience.
Watching Converted 3D Blu-ray Movie on HTC Vive
Most users choose to watch 3D video on HTC Vive, you need a 3D video media player, like: Vive Video, a cross-platform video player designed for desktop VR headsets, mirrors your desktop to your VR headset and provides you have access to a compatible video file format, the application supports 2D, 3D, 180-degree and 360-degree video, you can follow these steps and play converted 3D Blu-ray movies on HTC Vive.
- Install and open Vive Video.
- Find the downloaded file on your PC using the inbuilt file picker.
- Click the file thumbnail to begin playback.
- Select the eye icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the player, labeled Select Viewing Mode.
- Configure the on-screen options around your video format.
- Click Done to confirm your changes.
Tip: Minimum PC system requirements for watching converted 3D Blu-ray on HTC Vive
- GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970, AMD Radeon™ R9 290 equivalent or better
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4590/AMD FX™ 8350 equivalent or better
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Video output: HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2 or newer
- USB port: 1x USB 2.0 or better port
- Operating system: Windows® 7 SP1, Windows® 8.1 or later, Windows® 10