Best Way to Share Video on Vimeo
For a video recording fans, sharing the videos is necessary which can make more people know your videos. Comparing the Youtube, Facebook, Vimeis another wonderful pace which you can upload, share and view videos. It was the first video sharing site to support high-definition video. At the same time, you also can upload and enjoy 4K Ultra HD videos on Vimeo. Some Vimeo old users may know that Vimeo limits many video factors when you want to upload the video to Vimeo, like the video codec, video frame, video resolution, video bitrate, etc. If your videos are not supportd by Vimeo, you may fail to upload the video toVimeo. You can check your video and adjsut the video in this post.
Check the Video – Vimeo Supported Video Parameters
Vimeo supported video formats
- H.264: A standard codec that balances high visual quality with efficient file size. NOTE: The H.264 video codec only supports resolutions up to 4K.
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ): Professional-quality codec ensures a high quality for encoded video but typically results in a much larger file size than H.264.
- H.265 (HEVC): H.265 or High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) is the successor to H.264
Vimeo supported video frame
video’s native frame rate is also important when you upload the video toVimeo. Viemo usually supports the frame rate: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60.
Vimeo supported video Bitrate
Bit rate decides the visual quality of the video and its file size. You can experiment with different rates if your file is too large, Vimeo supports these video bitrate:
- SD: 2-5 Mbps
- 720p: 5 – 10 Mbps
- 1080p: 10 – 20 Mbps
- 2K: 20 – 30 Mbps
- 4K: 30 – 60 Mbps
- 8K: 50 – 80 Mbps
Vimeo supported video resolution
Different videos are with different video resolution, Vimeo can support the below video resolution:
- Standard Definition (SD): 4:3 aspect ratio 640 × 480 | Standard Definition (SD): 16:9 aspect ratio 640 × 360
- 720p HD: 16:9 aspect ratio 1280 × 720 | 1080p HD: 16:9 aspect ratio 1920 × 1080
- 2K: 16:9 aspect ratio 2560 × 1440 | 4K UHD: 16:9 aspect ratio 3840 × 2160
- DCI 4K UHD: 17:9 aspect ratio 4096 × 2160 | 4K Monoscopic 360: 2:1 aspect ratio 4096 × 2048
- 4K Stereoscopic 360: 2:1 aspect ratio 4096 × 2048* | 8K UHD: 17:9 aspect ratio 8192 × 4320
Vimeo supported audio parameters
- Channels: Stereo
- Codec: AAC-LC (Advanced Audio Codec)
- Data rate: 320 kbit/s
- Sample rate: 48 kHz
Adjust the Video to Vimeo Supported Video Parameters
Not all the video is perfect and compatible with Vimeo. If the video is not supported by Vimeo, you can use the iMedia Converter for Mac, a professional video converter, you can convert the video codec, adjust the video frame, video bitrate, video resolution, audio audio codec, audio channels and so on, at the same time, you also can adjust the video aspect ratio in the built-in video editor.
By the way, for gettinf more viewers, you can add the Add the subtitles in video, this softare support the SRT subtitles, you also can make the special video by adding the watermark in video. For Windows users, you also can get the perfect video converter, you can downlaod the Windows version which even can support the Windows 10. Know more, please read the video converter review.
Guide: Aujust the vide to Viemo friendly video formats
1. Install this video converter on Mac or PC, here, we take the Mac as the example, then open this video converter and click on “Add Video” button to add video
2. If the video codec is not the right one, you can click on “Format” and select any desired video for Vimeo, except the Vimeo, you also can get the Youtube, Facebook best supportde video formats, such as: H.264 MP4 which can be supported by any apps.
3. If the video related parameters are not matched with Vimeo, you can click “Setting” menu, open the setting window and adjust the video and audio parameters to Vimeo supported type, all the issues will be solved. Details can refer to the following picture.
4. With the built-in video editor, you also can split a large video into several smaller files for Vimeo, you also can add SRT, ASS, or SSA subtitles into original video to create the personal movie for watching. Or you can adjust volume, brightness, saturation, resolution or apply artistic visual effects to movies.
5. After all the settings are done, just click “Convert” button to begin the video conversion, just wait for a while, you can get a desired video files.
Upload the Video to Vimeo Quickly
1. You must have an account with Vimeo to upload a video, you can register one.
2. Select the “Choose a Video to Upload” button found under the Upload link in the menu.
3. Find and select your file from the file manager window that pops up.
4. Click the “Upload Selected Videos” button. NOTE: You can only upload videos made by yourself.
5. While the file is uploading you can give your video a title, description, and search tags.
6. Then you need to wait for video to process