DVD Region Killer Software Comparison: DVD Region Killer VS ByteCopy
Many people traveling around the world collect various things and, once in a while, a DVD might be the one thing you choose to take home with you from a distant country. Since not all discs are created to run on any player and follow the same standard anywhere, you might find out upon inserting the DVD that it is coded for a certain region and the movie cannot be played on your system. A DVD Region Killer enables you to play DVD titles made for different regions on your PC.
There are two kinds of DVD Region Killer software. One kind runs without actual interface while the other has the actual interface. The top in each field separately is DVD Region Killer and Pavtube ByteCopy.
DVD Region Killer Review
DVD Region Killer runs minimized in your system tray and has no actual interface, just the menu you can bring up by right-clicking the tray icon. Among the available options, the one you should use the first is ‘Check Drive Regions’ so the application can verify the region settings. One of the advantages of this tool is that it can be used to get rid of the so-called ‘forced subtitles’. These may prevent users from watching the film in the original language and load subtitles when this is not required.
DVD Region Killer manages to emulate a protected Regional Playback Control (RPC-2) and both DVD player software and the operating system will deactivate region code verifying because of the hardware lock set on the simulated drive.
If you are a user of CloneCD, you *MUST* install CloneCD 22.214.171.124 or better *BEFORE* installing DVD Region Killer. Otherwise your Windows Installation could be damaged! To use this program, you need a DVD-ROM drive, that has no built-in region protection. In other words: DVD Region Killer will not work with RPC2 DVD drives!
Besides, DVD Region Killer is too old that only can work on Win 9x/ME/2K/XP. You can’t use DVD Region Killer on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
Pavtube ByteCopy Review
Pavtube ByteCopy can remove DVD region codes by bypassing DVD protection and then makes you entire disc copy, directly mian title copy and convert DVD to digital. Apart from Region codes, Pavtube ByteCopy also can break down DVD other encryptions like CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM, etc. In addition, Pavtube ByteCopy is also a Blu-ray Region Killer that enables you to play any region-locked Blu-ray on Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, Wii U, etc.
- Bypass DVD region codes (1/2/3/4/5/6)
- 1:1 full disc copy DVD and directly copy DVD main title
- Convert DVD to Digital Files: H.265/HEVC, MKV, AVI, DivX, XivD, MP4, MPEG, TS, 3GP, WMA, etc
- Add subtitles to DVD and extract subtitle from DVD
- Trim/crop/merge/split DVD
- Rip Blu-ray and DVD to multi-track MP4, AVI, MOV with subtitle streaming and audio track and convert Blu-ray/DVD to lossless/uncompressed MKV by decrypting Blu-ray and DVD region codes.
- Joined H.265 NVIDIA to 30X Realtime 4K H.265 Encoding
Compare DVD Region Killer and ByteCopy
|DVD Region Killer||Pavtube ByteCopy|
|Remove DVD Region Codes||Yes||Yes|
|Remove Blu-ray Region Codes||No||Yes|
|Remove DVD CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM||No||Yes|
|Have Mac version||No||Yes|
|Support Windows 10/8.1/8/7||No||Yes|
DVD Region Codes Related Guides
- How to play Region Code 1 and 2 DVD Without Changing DVD Region Codes?
- Why can not play all DVD movies on my computer DVD-ROM?
- How to Unlock DVD/Blu-ray Regions on Mac/Windows
- Play Different Regions DVD on Mac
- How to Play DVD on LG BD670 Without Changing Region codes
- Watch Region Locked Blu-ray/DVD to PS3/PS4
- Play Region Locked Blu-ray/DVD Disc
- Play DVD on DVD Players without Region Code