Transcode H.265 to H.264 for Watching and Editing
HEVC/H.265, the successor to AVC/H.264, more than triples the existing AVC intra-frame prediction modes to achieve significant bitrate savings. This codec can offer up to 50% reduced bitrate at the same quality when compared to AVC/H.264. However, many multimedia players and video editing tools don’t keep the pace with the codec. So sometimes, you need a H.265 to H.264 converter so that you are able to play or edit your H.265 video in your devices:
”I’m a film student who recently purchased your Pavtube software to convert my h.265 files back into h.264 in order to make them compatible for my editing software.”
The H.265 to H.264 converter mentioned in the question is Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate. The equivalent Mac version is Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. They can transcode MP4, MKV, AVI, FLV and other video formats in H.265 to H.264 video and turn almost all kinds of video, like Blu-ray/DVD movies, and SD/HD videos in H.264 codec to H.265 with high resolution.
You can free download them at below:
Free download and install Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Free download and install Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
The following steps is based on Windows system with Video Converter Ultimate:
- How to Encode MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV to H.265 MP4 on Mac?
- How to Decode H.265 HEVC Videos to H.264 MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV on Mac
How to transcode H.265 to H.264 on Windows?
Step 1. Import H.265 video files.
Launch H.265 to H.264 converter on Windows. click “Add Video” to import your H.265 video files.
Tip: You are allowed to adjust video and audio parameters if you are not satisfied with the default settings. Presets like size, bitrate, frame rate, audio channels, etc. can be customized in your own way.
Step 3. Start transcoding H.265/HEVC video files to H.264/AVC MP4
Now hit on the “Convert” button on software main interface to start the H.265 to H.264 conversion. When it finished, just open the output folder to find the generated video.
Now you can watch or edit the H.264 MP4 video on your multimedia devices or video editing tool.
- How to Upload Samsung NX1 H.265 Video to YouTube on Mac 10.10 Yosemite
- How to transcode Samsung NX1 H.265 to QuickTime MOV on Mac Yosemite?
- How to Import MXF files to Edius Pro (6/7/8) for Editing?
- Rip 3D M2TS to 3D MP4 for Panasonic TC-P65VT60 TV and Samsung HT-D6750 TV
- Failure to Play TV Programmes on Old DVD Player, What Format Should I Change to?