Best HD PVR Software to Re-encode PVR Video to MP4/MKV/AVI
People use PVR to record TV shows for various reasons. Some don’t have the time to watch the show when the satellite program is played while some don’t want watch the TV advertisements cause Digital video recorders can change the way television programs advertise products. It is said that half of viewers in the United States, for example, use DVRs to skip commercials entirely. The only problem is that PVRs can usually record MPEG-2 .mpg, MPEG-2 .TS, VOB and ISO images video, all of which video formats are not firendly to media players.
In addition, although some DRVs can be updated to record in new formats, DVRs usually record in proprietary file systems for copy protection, even some using FAT file systems. This make you have to play PVR recordings on PVR decoders. If you want to play your PVR video on PC, smartphone, tablet, you need to convert PVR video to MP4, MOV, WMV, etc more compatible formats. There are many video converters that can re-encode PVR MPG, TS, PS, ISO files to MP4, MOV, WMV, etc like Bigasoft Total Video Converter, iDealshare VideoGo, WinAVI Video Converter, Tipard TS Converter, but only for Unencrypted TS file format, which are the ones you see in a camcoder or a DVD.
To convert recorded programs on qsat decoder, which has strict encryption, to common video format, you need a more powerful PVR Video Converter. After my extensive research, I discovered Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate (Happens to be the best among all video converters I tried) that can convert the .ts file recorded on a qsat decoder to a common video format(e.g mp4, avi..) and hd video mp4, mkv, etc playable on pc on mobile phones. It can convert PVR .ts, .ps, .mpg, .iso files successfully to .mp4, .mkv, .mov, .wmv … and retain its picture quality.
Key Features of Pavtube PVR Video Converter
– Convert PVR video to common video formats in MP4, MKV, AVI, 3GP, WMV, FLV, etc.
– Re-encode PVR Recorded TV shows to HD MKV, HD MP4, HD AVI, HD WMV, etc.
– Transcode PVR files to iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Microsoft surface, Xbox One, PS4, TVs, etc.
– Convert 3D PVR to 3D MP4/MKV for Gear VR, Oculus Rift, Daydream VR, PSVR, HTC Vive, etc.
– Recordings from standard-definition television usually have 480p/i/576p/i while HDTV is usually in 720p/1080i, Pavtube PVR Video Converter can compress HD PVR video to SD video while upscale 480p PVR video to 720P/1080P.
– Even convert PVR video to ProRes for iMovie, FCP X/6/7 for editing.
Pavtube PVR Video Converter Free Download
Tutorial to Convert PVR Video to MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, FLV…
Step 1 Add PVR files
Directly drag and drop your target video files to the main interface of the program to load them. This is the easiest way to import files to the PVR Video Converter.
Step 2 Set MP4 as output format
Click “Profile” drop-down button of this PVR Converter to choose “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” as output format from “HD Video” category.
Tips: there are lots of output formats to choose. Select the one that will best suit your own goals.
Step 3 Convert PVR to MP4
Click “Convert” button of the program to convert PVR to MP4 fast. If you want the converted MP4 files in the folder where PVR files are, check “Output to Source Folder” before start conversion.
Then you can transfer the converted PVR video to portable devices, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, etc watching.
Note: these trial PVR video converter versions are free but will output video with watermark in the middle. If you want the full version that can convert PVR video to SD/HD formats without watermark, you can buy them by clicking the buy button:
- How to Play Tivo Files Pulled off Tivo Recordings on Kodi?
- Make 3D MKV/FLV/AVI/Blu-ray/DVD Playable in View-Master VR
- Convert DJI Phantom 4 4K Recording To Play On IPad/WMP/VLC
- Watch VOB Recordings Of TV Documentaries On Android/Apple/Windows Devices
- Play TiVo Recordings On Windows Media Player On Windows 10