Backup Blu-ray Movie to External Hard Drive for Streaming Without Limitation
Blu-ray is always the favorite choice of HD movie fans. However, it has more copy protection than any other format around, and playing it on your computer can be difficult. Apart from its very heavy copy protection, you can only play Blu-Ray discs in a few choice desktop computer programs, most of which cost a lot of money. Luckily, video encoding has come a long way, which can help you backup Blu-ray to External Hard Drive for streaming on smart TV and computer without limitation.
By ripping Blu-ray to External Hard Drive, you can get the same amazing HD quality on any computer or TV you want—no Blu-Ray drive or expensive software required. Of course, you will need a Blu-ray ripper to rip the Blu-ray movies in advance. There are many Blu-ray ripping programs and more than a few ripping solutions on the web. We combed through the options to pull together the simplest, working method using the best free programs we could find. Then we generate this fairly simple, hassle-free guide for people who want to backup Blu-ray to External Hard Drive.
What you will need:
Unlike a lot of other Blu-Ray guides I’ve stumbled onto, you’ll only need a few things for ours:
- A Blu-ray Drive. It is pretty obvious. You won’t get the job done if you have no Blu-ray drive on your computer.
- A high-capacity External Hard Drive. This depends on how many Blu-ray movie you want to backup into it.
- Pavtube BDMagic for the initial Blu-ray rip. It is about the simplest Blu-ray ripper on the market. It can backup your Blu-ray movies to External Hard Drive for streaming without limitation in a high video quality. It provides three methods of copying Blu-ray movies to External Hard Drive: full disc copy, main title copy and backup Blu-ray to common formats. You can get various output format profile, like MP4, H.265, M3U8, AVI, MOV, MKV, M4V, etc. It has Windows version and Mac version to meet the desire of different users and both are free while in beta. (Learn the top 5 Blu-ray rippers for Win/Mac)
If you still don’t have a Blu-ray ripper, download from the following:
Free download and install:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
How to backup Blu-ray to External Hard Drive for streaming without limitation
Step 1: Load the Blu-ray Movie
Run your Blu-ray to Hard drive Converter and insert your Blu-ray disc into your Blu-ray drive. Click “file” to find the “ load from disc” choice to import your Blu-ray movie.
Step 2: Choose output format
Click the format bar to follow “HD Video” ＞ “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” supported by general media players as output format.
Step 3: Customize video presets
Here, you are free to adjust video and audio parameters in “Profile Settings” in order to achieve better movie enjoyment. You could set video size to 1080p and audio channel to 5.1 Channel to get excellent Blu-ray backup to External Hard Drive.
Note: If your external hard drive’s space is big enough and you want to backup 1:1 full disc movies, you can click this button.
Or click format bar and choose the “Copy” item to preserve Blu-ray to external hard drive. In this way, you can keep movies in original structure and you will get the main title files.
Step 4: Backup Blu-ray to External Hard Drive
Click Convert button to rip Blu-ray to external hard drive in MP4 video. Afterwards, locate the created video in output folder.
There you get the job done. You backup Blu-ray movies to external hard drive successfully and you can stream it on TV and computer without limitation. After you backed up Blu-ray, you still can place these Blu-ray replica to Micro SD Card for your conveniently playback.
- Shrink Blu-ray Movies From BD-50 to BD-25 on Mac
- Copy Blu-ray/DVD to MKV with AC3 DTS 6 Channels
- Any dead easy solution to Play 2D/3D Blu-ray on PlayStation 4?
- How to Backup Blu-ray movies on Windows 7 with Original Resolution and Quality?