Convert DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 With the Easiest Way
When you want to play DVD movie via External Hard Drive on TV, Tablet, PS4 Pro, etc, you need to rip DVDs. Usually, MPEG-2/MP4 are the common formats people choose to use when backing up DVD. In this case, a DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 Ripper is searched and asked:
"Looking to Rip DVD’s onto my new TV’s Hard Drive in either Mpeg2 or MP4 format, So im looking for a simple but good quality DVD ripper to do this with as little hassle as possible, What do you guys recommend. There is plenty of space on the Hard Drive so file size isnt an issue, and id like the best quality possible.
Thaks " – From videohelp.com
A DVD Ripper (Learn DVD Copier) can remove DVD copy protection and shift DVD format. When it can extract MPEG-2/MP4 format video from DVD, this DVD Ripper can be treated as a DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 Ripper. The most popular DVD ripper will be Handbrake, however, this top-ranked DVD Ripper can’t decrypt commercial DVD discs. If your DVDs have encryption, you need to use MakeMKV to rip DVDs to MKV then convert MKV to MP4 with Handbrake. It is a little complex. But if you do want free software, this group will be the best. You can refer to the following guides:
You also can use a commercial decryption program like Pavtube ByteCopy to directly convert any commercial DVDs to MPEG-2/MP4. This DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 Ripper is very easy to use, even easier than Handbrake. Just load DVD movies after inserted DVD to DVD-ROM, then choose MPEG-2 or MP4 format and finally start the DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 conversion process. Simple 3 clicks, you can get your wanted MPEG-2 and MP4 files. What’s more, this Pavtube DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 Ripper supports batch conversion and shut down computer after conversion. You can add multiple DVD files to the software and leave the computer on to do the DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 conversion then go to sleep. Then you can get the DVD rips in the next morning.
Key Features of Pavtube DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 Ripper
– Remove DVD encryption including CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM, etc.
– Convert DVD to H.264/AVC MP4 and H.265/HEVC MP4.
– Convert DVD to 2160p, 1080p, 720p, 540p MP4.
– Copy DVD to 3D SBS MP4 for Oculus Cinema Devices.
– Rip DVD to MP4 with multiple subtitle and audio tracks.
– Convert DVD to MPEG-2, MPEG-1, MPEG-4 video.
You can learn more features of Pavtube ByteCopy in ByteCopy review. If you want to copy DVD to MP4 on Mac, you should use Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac which allows you rip DVD on macOS Sierra, El Capitan, etc.
Convert DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 with Simple DVD to MPEG-2/MP4 Ripper
Step 1. Load DVD movies
Insert your DVD disc into a DVD drive, run the program on your computer, on the main interface click “File” > “Load from disc” to import the DVD disc to the program.
Step 2: Define output file format.
Click “Format” bar, from its drop-down option list, you can select “MPEG-2 Video(*.mpeg)” as the output file format. You also can choose HD MP4 or SD MP4 from "HD Video" or "Common Video".
1. Click “Settings” on the interface and you can adjust the parameters including size, bitrate, frame rate, etc. to get a high quality of output files or a smaller files size. You can preview the size at the below chart.
Keep in mind the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.
2. Open “Video Editor” window and switch to the “Trim” tab, you can drag the slider bars to include the segment you want to remain, click the left square bracket to set start point, and click the right square bracket to set end point when previewing the video or directly input specific values to “Start” and “End” box.
3. Open “Video Editor” window, switch to and click “Crop” tab, click the icon on the right-bottom to swtich to the advanced mode, then you can choose the output aspect ratio such as 16:10, 16:9, 5:4, 4:3 and 2:1 from the drop-down list of “Display Aspect Ration”.
4. Click the “Subtitle” tab in “Video Editor” window, check “Enable”, then you will be able to add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitle files to the video as hard subtitles.(Difference between soft subtitles and hard subtitles)
Step 3: Start to convert DVD to MPEG 2/MP4
After all the settings is done, hit right-bottom “Convert” button to start DVD to MPEG 2 or MP4 conversion process.
knowledge Supplementary: the use of MPEG 2/MP4
1. Edited in video editors, like Premiere Pro CC, iMovie, etc.
2. Used with media center for family use: in combination with media center which can be considered as a media library, or more accurately, an audio-visual software application, MPEG 2/MP4 file is usable mainly for family theater and home cinema.
3. Backed up to USB flash drive for carrying conveniently. Usually, a whole DVD is copied into a 3-5GB MPEG 2/MP4 file, which can be backed up to a USB in case that the original DVD has the possibility to lose.
4. Played by PS3/PS4 and TV after being led in the same: MPEG 2/MP4 format is supported by PS3 and TV, therefore, you can back up DVD to MPEG 2/MP4 file and play it on PS3 and TV.
5. Burned to DVD disc: MPEG 2/MP4 file can be burned directly into DVD for backup to avoid the original video from loss and prevent original DVD from damage, or sharing with family or friends.
- Put DVD Into Home Digital Library In MP4 Format
- Batch Convert Multiple ISO Files To MP4 On Windows And Mac
- How To Play MP4 With Plex On Mac El Capitan/MacOS Seirra?
- Make DVD To Digital Conversion As MP4, AVI, MOV, Etc.
- Convert 3D MKV/FLV/YouTube/Blu-Ray To 3D MP4 For ANTVR Kit